2012-07-28

BR1-6: Jack and the Beanstalk

"Your cow is old and ugly. Take my five beans and give me your cow!" "But they're magic beans."

I have read it when I was young. Then, however, I read a Japanese version of this book. So I read this book in English first.  Jack and his mother lived in a small house in the forest. There were very very poor. So his mother decides to sell the old cow and get money. Jack was on the way to market, he met an pld man on the road. The man said "your cow is old and ugly so please change my five beans and your cow." But Jack said "no". The man said "these beans are magic beans." Jack changed his cow and beans. So he could not get money. His mother was very angry. His mother threw the beans outside. The next day, Jack opened his eyes and looked outside. In the garden he saw big green beanstalk. He stared to climb the beanstalk and climb. At last he came to the top and stopped. He found a beautiful castle.  (183 words)7169/10000

No comments: